Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. Our was pretty relaxing. Went to a BBQ with some friends on Friday, ran 3 miles on the treadmill Sat and did absolutely nothing today. Perfect.

It's back to work tomorrow. I'm studying for a Cisco test, ICND1. It's the first test in the CCNA certification path. I'm pretty confidant that I'll be able to pass it. Now I just need to schedule the test. I've used three study guides, the Cisco Press ICND1 official guide, Sybex book and testking.com practice tests. I also setup a pretty cool router sim this weekend. It's called dynamips. Was a bit of a pain in the ass to setup, but once it was done it works well. You actually download and run real cisco IOS's on the virtual router hardware. So unlike a sim, this really is the IOS and you have complete control and can use any command just as if you had an actual router. It only supports certain routers, but any router is fine for me at this point. Only thing I wish I could do with it is load IOS for switches. So far it looks like you can only setup routers.

Ryan

No comments: