Thursday, March 13, 2008

Back at it...

Finally got back to running this week. Wow, what beat down that is after taking the better part of a month off! Monday was 3 miles on the treadmill and Wednesday was 2 miles at the park with my dog. This was our first run together where I really tried to go at my pace and keep her moving along. She was great, it was a fast pace but even and she loved it.

The OKC Memorial Marathon is not happening for me this year, so for those of you counting, that's two events that I wussed out on so far! I'm going to plan for a fall marathon and maybe even a summer Tri if I can find a good one. I already booked my hotel for the OKC so I think the wife and I are going to go and make a weekend getaway of it anyway. I love the atmosphere of a marathon weekend and we're staying at the host hotel so it should be fun!

I met a friend in Austin this past weekend. It was my first time to Austin and, damn, what a blast! Now I know why everyone says that if you're going to live in TX, it HAS to be Austin. Great nightlife and beer spots, great running and biking trails and just overall a really clean and fun city. I'd love to live there if the opportunity ever came up.

Back to work.

Ryan

No comments: