Thursday, January 10, 2008

Down with the Sickness!

No running yesterday. Got a severe headache/neck ache and decided it would be best to just relax for a night. Wed. night is also my night of no personal training at the gym...so I was really able to just sit on the couch and zone out. It was nice and I think my body appreciated it as I certainly feel better today.

I didn't mention it yet, but I'm also a certified personal trainer and I do that part time at a local gym. It's a great second job and I really enjoy working with all types of people. It gives me an outlet that I just don't have with the 8-5 desk job. I've been doing it for about a year and a half and I've developed a pretty consistent client base. I'm certified through the ISSA which is one of the more reputable certs for personal trainers. However, with that said, I really believe you get out of it what you put into it. Many people have negative things to say about personal trainers because they think they don't all know what they're doing and don't have the training to be training...if you get my drift...and I'd agree with them for the most part. That's why if you are looking for a trainer you really have to do your homework and find someone that is knowledgeable in the type of training you're looking for. I'm a runner and triathlete (ok...I did one tri. Does that make me a triathlete..I say yes!) so my type of training is endurance based. If you want to be a bodybuilder I'm probably not your guy!

So a little tangent there..but oh well. On another note, I bought a set of Perfect Pushups the other day at Sports Authority. I've used them before in the gym and they're really pretty cool. They have rotating handles and by using them you bring a lot of muscles into play that you ordinarily would not with a standard pushup. I'll keep you updated on my progress with them. Well, better do some work here. Lates.

No comments: